Today is Day 9 of the #IndieRoar 10 Day Challenge! The challenge – “You scream. I scream. We all scream for…your 5 all-time favorite Indie books! #IndieRoar”. So today I give you 5 indie books that you need to read this summer. I loved these books, and I’m pretty sure you will too!
1) Going Green by Christina McMullen – a hilarious take on everyone’s favorite topic, zombies. If you loved the movie “Zombieland”, then this book is right up your alley.
2) The Summer Solstice: Enchanted by K. K. Allen – the first book of a YA series, but so well written that even a 40ish-year-old guy can enjoy it. This book gets bonus points for incorporating Greek mythology into the story.
3) Red Written by P. T. Mayes – What happens when all of your sins are written on your body for everyone to see? This book has a great concept, and is a thrilling read.
4) The Wastelanders by Tim Hemlin – Okay, I haven’t had a chance to start this one yet (it’s next on my TBR list), but the premise is intriguing. And Tim is a pretty nice guy to boot.
5) Walking Between Worlds; Book I: Demons & Angels – Why is my latest book on this list? Because I think it’s a pretty good book. Because Book II: Rise of the Walker King is coming out very, very soon, and you’re going to need to know what’s what. And because, well, it is my blog post after all. 😉
For more lists of indie book favorites, check out the #IndieRoar hashtag on Twitter, or follow my friends over at IndieBooksBeSeen. Pick up a new book and get reading!