Today is Day 9 of the #IndieRoar 10 Day Challenge! The challenge – “You scream. I scream. We all scream for…your 5 all-time favorite Indie books! #IndieRoar”. So today I give you 5 indie books that you need to read this summer. I loved these books, and I’m pretty sure you will too!
1) Going Green by Christina McMullen – a hilarious take on everyone’s favorite topic, zombies. If you loved the movie “Zombieland”, then this book is right up your alley.
2) The Summer Solstice: Enchanted by K. K. Allen – the first book of a YA series, but so well written that even a 40ish-year-old guy can enjoy it. This book gets bonus points for incorporating Greek mythology into the story.
3) Red Written by P. T. Mayes – What happens when all of your sins are written on your body for everyone to see? This book has a great concept, and is a thrilling read.
4) The Wastelanders by Tim Hemlin – Okay, I haven’t had a chance to start this one yet (it’s next on my TBR list), but the premise is intriguing. And Tim is a pretty nice guy to boot.
5) Walking Between Worlds; Book I: Demons & Angels – Why is my latest book on this list? Because I think it’s a pretty good book. Because Book II: Rise of the Walker King is coming out very, very soon, and you’re going to need to know what’s what. And because, well, it is my blog post after all. 😉
For more lists of indie book favorites, check out the #IndieRoar hashtag on Twitter, or follow my friends over at IndieBooksBeSeen. Pick up a new book and get reading!
The 2015 Author Cyber Convention Scavenger Hunt
(I’m currently participating in the 2015 Author Cyber Convention at Goodreads – visit my booth at the fairgrounds from April 10th-12th!)
I’ve partnered with a few of my fellow convention authors for an epic scavenger hunt! Participating is easy and fun, and you have the chance to win something from each author! Want to win a copy of my books, “Walking Between Worlds; Book I: Demons & Angels” and “Stumbling Backasswards Into the Light“? Just find each authors clue on their website/blog, then come back to this blog post or my convention booth and comment with the clues. At the end of the convention (midnight, April 12th), I’ll randomly pick a winner from the qualifying comments and announce them on my website and at my fair booth.
Your Scavenger Hunt Map
My scavenger hunt clue is… What everyday object does Kris step on that makes him fall into the street? The answer can be found in the “Walking Between Worlds; Book I: Demons & Angels” sample on my website (hint; it’s in Chapter 4).
Chess Desalls clue is… Who invented the Travel Glasses? The answer can be found at: www.chessdesalls.com
Tim Hemlin’s clue is How many people died when, “The explosion rocked the Houston Bubble . . .” in The Wastelanders? The answer can be found at: www.timhemlin.com
Jenny Burke’s clue is… What is the name of the character caught in the storm in Chapter One of The Dragon Dreamer ? The answer can be found at: www.jennysburke.com
Quoleena Sbrocca’s clue is at: www.quoleenasbrocca.com
Good luck, and happy hunting!